Take a ritual bath
Water and the Moon are intrinsically connected – just consider the lunar pull on Earth’s tides!
At any big lunar juncture like the New or Full Moons, and especially when the Moon is moving through the water signs of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces the element of water is activated. It’s charged up – like a crystal, it has more potential to HOLD intention and frequency.
There are SO many incredible water rituals you can perform at the New Moon, but the simplest (and best!) is the ritual bath.
You CAN add herbs and dried flowers straight to your ritual bath, but think a few steps ahead… Do you really want to have to clean up a mass of leaves and petals strewn all over the bathtub when you’re done?!
So before you even draw your bath, make a batch of herbal bath tea.
It’s simple – follow these steps to make your herbal bath tea
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil, and using a large jug, pour it over your dried herbs and flowers.
- There are SO many potentials – do a little research. You could try rose, lavender, peppermint, sage, yarrow, and lemon balm.
- Let it steep for around 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a tea strainer or muslin cloth.
Simple New Moon ritual bath method
- First, give your bathroom a good clean. Sure, the lights will be low during your ritual, but it’s still an important step! Not only will the space be energetically more balanced after a good clean, but you’re less likely to be distracted by those dirty tiles and empty bubble bath bottles…
- Place a clean towel and/or robe within arm’s reach.
- Turn down the lights, close the door, light a candle or two, and set a little incense to burn. You may also place any crystals around the edge of the tub.
- Draw your bath and as you do, add the herbal bath tea. If you like, add some Epsom salts too for added cleansing and relaxation.
- Get in and enjoy! Feel your body soften and your mind empty. But don’t expect anything of yourself – relax.
- When you feel complete, step out of the bath with gratitude, get warm and dry, and consider moving on to number 7…
(And for a deeper dive into ritual baths at ALL the lunar phases, check out this book).